Wednesday, October 29, 2008

all it takes is one...

Jamie, my youngest sister, called today to tell me two things:

1. she passed her driving test

2. she started an animal food & gift drive for the Humane Society

I was incredibly excited by both pieces of news, but I was especially intrigued by the Humane Society part. I asked what motivated her to start the drive. She told me she watched a TV program on animal shelters and was heart broken to find that many of them are in desperate need of animal supplies. She called the Humane Society that same day and told them she wanted to help by starting a food and gift drive.

The drive is only one week old and already she’s collected more supplies than she can fit in her room! She said that although it sounds like she’s collected a lot, it’s nothing compared to the number of animals that need food and supplies.

Right after my sister said that, I immediately thought of PaddyWag and knew I needed to post a blog letting you all know about this food and gift drive. If you’re interested in donating, please send me an email at art_of_subtlety@yahoo.com or call me at 206-661-8961. My sister is sending me a list of supplies that the Humane Society requested and I’d be happy to pass that along to you. Donations are being accepted until December 20th.

I’m so proud of my sister for doing this all out of the kindness of her heart and for her love of animals.

Remember…all it takes is one person to make a difference.

Take care,

Amanda


Your donations go to help sweet faces like these…


…and make it possible for the Humane Society to continue helping animals find loving homes.

No comments: