Saturday, November 7, 2009

Fashion Friday - The Trapeze Dress

OK, I know it's not Friday, but Fashion Saturday just doesn't have the same ring to it. :)

Anyway, a couple months ago I was inspired to push myself and get out of my camera setting comfort zone. I ususally shoot portraits at ISO 100, f8, 1/125 with some sort of flash unit---either a Canon 580EX II on a light stand with a softbox or a White Lightning 1800 with an umbrella (sorry for all those who I've lost. I promise I'll show some pretty pics if you get through this tech-y part). I wanted to shoot in completely natural light and vary up my f-stops to see what I'd get. 

I knew I wanted to shoot one of my absolute favorite trapeze dresses from Forever 21 and luckily Charity agreed to be my model for the afternoon. I wanted the photos to feel light and airy, much like the way I feel when I'm wearing the dress. Below are some of my most favorite pictures I've shot to date. It definitely paid off to break out of my comfort zone!
















1 comment:

Huyman said...

These shots feel like summer should be. But 3:48 in the morning really?