Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

Remember when you were a kid and you'd give out little handmade Valentines to your classmates? How much fun it was to transform a shoe box into the mailbox that would sit on your desk all day, waiting to be filled with paper hearts with glued-on lace, glitter and candy?

I decided that I wanted to return to my elementary school days and give my friends little Valentines, not only  because it's fun getting mail that isn't a bill, but also because it's a great way to let them know I love having them in my life.

Here's what I did:

I bought candy---> Dum Dums because lollipops are the perfect kid candy and they come in super fun flavors (bubblegum, banana split, coconut, mango, etc).
In Photoshop I created a Valentine background, pasted an image of myself onto it (I'm holding my hands out because that's where the lollipop will go in the finished product), then printed out a bunch of wallet size photos.


On each photo I made a little cut just above my top hand and one just below my bottom hand so the lollipop would easily slide in.

Voila! Here are the finished Valentine cards.


Happy Valentine's Day! Don't forget to tell the people in your life how much you love them! :)

2 comments:

{Cat} Tetreault Photography said...

Love it !!! So creative!!

Anonymous said...

We got ours in the mail yesterday. We loved it, thank you so much!! I'm loving your creativity!! You are so right about the DumDum's, I had the strawberry one & gave Uncle Gary the coconut!! Have an awesome week!
Love, Uncle Gary & Aunt Becky