Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Kauai :: Seattle Travel Photographer

So it's our first day in Kaua'i & I'm ready to take tons & tons of photos of this amazing island, so we drive to Moloa'a Beach where I pull out my camera & snap a couple shots: 


*click* *click* *click* 
...then nothing. 

I try pushing the button again, but nothing. I try changing camera lenses, then batteries, then flashcards, but still nothing. My camera is broken on the first day of vacation & I've only snapped 7 photos.

After a day of being incredibly sad, mad & upset I remembered the title of Chase Jarvis' book:

I sucked it up, grabbed the Power Shot A80 point-and-shoot that was in my suitcase & decided to make the best of my situation. I've gotta say, I think the little one did pretty darn well...







Taro growing in Hanalei Valley





Black Pot Beach Park (Hanalei Pier)

sunset at Hanalei Bay


The beginning of the Awa'awa'puhi hike...

...and the view at the end of the trail

Ranch near Wailea Falls


4 comments:

zoom yummy said...

Oh, I'm so sorry for you... I can imagine what you were feeling :( But really, those point-and-shoot pics look great, I love them all! :) All those places look amazing. I'd love to go on holiday tooooooo! Right nooooooow!

{ CopyStrands } said...

Gorgeous shots! Just goes to show what a pro can do with just any camera ;) Looks beautiful!

Amanda Waltman - Art of Subtlety Photography said...

Thanks Petra & Courtney! :)

Flights to Sydney said...

All the pathos and irony of leaving one's youth behind is thus implicit in every joyous moment of travel: one knows that the first joy can never be recovered, and the wise traveler learns not to repeat successes but tries new places all the time.