Friday, July 3, 2009

Fashion Friday - Thaw 2009

I'm a little late (OK, a lot late) posting about Thaw, Seattle's fashion fundraiser benefiting HDSA (Huntington's Disease Society of America). For the past 2 years, I've volunteered at this super-fun event and writing this post makes me wish they held 2 each year so I wouldn't have to wait until next year to help again!

This year I arrived early to help the bars get set up. I cut lemons and limes, doled out bottles of vodka to each bartender, and stocked each station with enough ice to make polar bears feel at home. Once the guests started arriving, I went to help out at the Thaw Shop for the rest of the evening. The Thaw Shop was really amazing--independent designers from Seattle and Portland donated pieces (handbags, earrings, rings, ascots, etc) to sell and all (yep, 100%!) of the proceeds from those sales went directly to the HDSA. Tons of people came through to browse and buy, and by the end of the night we had sold nearly everything!

One of my favorite things at Thaw was the USnaps photo booth. Check out the fun pics my volunteer friends and I took (I'm the one in the middle, with a Lavender DRY Soda in hand):



After totally forgetting my camera last year, I made sure to bring it along this year so I could snap a few pics during the Thaw Spring Fashion Show. Here are a few favorites (you can click on each one to view it slightly larger):


Wyatt Orr is a collaboration between Karly Orr and Liise Wyatt:










Michael Cepress (in the middle) with his models:


The designers and their models at the end of the show:


I definitely encourage you all to attend Thaw 2010. You'll have lots of fun and you'll feel good knowing that you're helping raise money and awareness for Huntington's Disease.

No comments: