Friday, October 17, 2008

Lovely Wales!

I didn't think I'd ever find a place that was greener than Washington, but Wales proved me wrong. The scenery was so breathtaking and my pictures do not do it justice. Not only did I get to see beautiful landscapes, I got to meet so many beautiful people! Nate's relatives live in North Wales and I had the pleasure of meeting most of them while we were there. It was amazing hearing them talk in Welsh! The older kids spoke English too, but the smaller ones only spoke Welsh and that made communication interesting to say the least. Luckily I bonded with Gwyrn, the littlest one who didn't speak much anyway but had the biggest smile and gave the best hugs. :)

I wish I knew Lemmings



love the Welsh language



so beautiful!




it's even gorgeous on a rainy day



I've never seen such colorful houses!



my little Welsh friend



did you know Heinz made all of these condiments???



check out the name of this train station--it's so long!



Conway Castle at sunset


Tomorrow...Ireland!

No comments: